Lemons are well-known for their high amounts of vitamin C, and 100g serving offers 64% of the daily value. Besides vitamin C, they also include various phytochemicals, like terpenes and polyphenols.
The best drink to begin your day with is cooled boiled water with some lemon. Consume one glass of this simple drink on an empty stomach, to use the maximum benefits of the protein, antioxidants, phosphorus, volatile oils, potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C, carbohydrates and flavonoids that lemon contains. Moreover, this drink has antiviral, antibacterial, and immune-boosting properties which aid in the body’s fight against various infections.One glass of lemon water in the morning improves the digestive system, supports weight loss, fights hunger cravings, and creates an alkaline environment which balances the pH in the body.
15 Health Conditions Provided By Consuming Warm Lemon Water in the Morning
1. Heals Acne. Lemon juice reduces the acidic environment in the body, preventing and soothing acne breakouts. You can as well wash your face with it.
2. Supresses Appetite and Increases Weight Loss. Lemon contains enzymes and vitamins excellent for regulation of the blood sugar, and helps keeping the normal weight. Furthermore, lemon fights hunger cravings due to its pectin fiber content, and aids the work of the digestive system.
3. Removes Kidney Stones. This is due to the potassium content which raises the urinary citrate levels, thus preventing formation of oxalate.
4. Improves the Immunity. This drink supports the lymphatic system, and it helps in the detection and elimination of pathogens from the organism.
5. Gall Bladder Pain. Consume this warm drink during the lunch, if you suffer from gall bladder stones.
6. Flu and Cold Remedy. Since lemons contain high concentrations of the natural antioxidant vitamin C, they possess antibacterial and antiviral properties and they boost the immune system. Drink lemon water yo stay healthy during the cold winter days.
7. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. According to one reader, she succeeded to completely quit of TUMS consumption by drinking warm lemon water for 2 weeks.
8. Stronger Finger Nails. Those who drank this lemon water on a daily basis have said that their nails have strengthen and the white spots on them have disappeared.
9. Prevents Food-Borne Illnesses. Drink this lemon juice to avoid food poisoning when going on a holiday or traveling.
11. Lowers Inflammation. Since this fruit possesses anti-inflammatory properties, it neutralizes one of the main reasons for tissue inflammation-acidity.
12. Soothes Muscle Soreness After Physical Activity. Prepare lemon juice after a hard workout, and you will avoid the pain.
13. Lowers Joint Pain and Swelling. This juice lowers the uric acid quantity in joints, which is actually the reason for the painful and swelled joints.
14. Lowers Cravings for Alcohol. Many people recommend consuming lemon water prior to visiting a party, to eliminate the alcohol craving.
15. Helps Ulcerative Colitis. The imbalance of the body’s alkaline/acidic levels can be effectively treated with one glass of this lemon juice on a daily basis. In this way, the pH levels will be brought back to balance and the acidity will be reduced.